Friday, August 31, 2007

A new chapter begins.



It time to say good-bye to any shred of peace and order I have left in my day. Brooke has become a full-force almost-toddler. Just this evening she bonked her head two times on the coffee table. There was a wide array of toys in her play area, but nooooooo - she wanted to be over at the coffee table, shredding magazines.

Also, diaper changing and dressing used to be a cheerful time full of laughs, tickles, hugs and smiles. Now they are a flat-out wrestling match with shrieks, tears and much thrashing about (by both parties). Mom is sweaty and red-faced by the end of diapering and dressing, Brooke is happy and kicking her legs, all the baby-torturing over and forgotten about.

I must admit, though, she is so very bright-eyed, ready to investigate everything and wants Mommy and Daddy right there with her to share in it all. I can hardly wait to help her turn the pages of this new chapter. :)

No comments: