I am not sure who needs noggin protection more - Brooke or I. There were TWO incident reports for me to sign at school today. Brooke is crawling non-stop and she gets her legs stuck on toy boxes, highchair legs, crib legs, etc. and ends up bonking her head while trying to crawl away. The incident report sheets from daycare crack me up. They include a line for "witnesses" and her teacher writes "3 babies". Tee hee - maybe I should tell her teachers that I would like to speak with the witnesses, get their opinions on what really went down. Actually - I don't get too worked up about the bruises and goose-eggs. Whenever she is with me, she is constantly about one second away from bashing her head on any number of surfaces, including my own skull, so I know it is not her teacher's fault. Brooke is just at that wiggly, accident-prone stage.
As for me - tonight I whacked my forehead really good on the kitchen counter, trying to smash some trash into the can under the sink and in a hurry to run over and serve Her Highness, who was protesting loudly upon her throne (the highchair). I forgot about it until Blake asked me three hours later what happened to my forehead. I remembered Brooke's skull crashing into my cheek while playing before her bath, but she didn't hit my forehead....I didn't remember what had happened for a few minutes - we were speculating something bit me. Then I finally remembered bonking my head in the kitchen. My forehead had turned into a giant goose-egg, complete with a red line from the counter's edge. Just goes to show, Brooke and her comfort far outweigh my own conditions - or maybe I just hit my head harder than I thought.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment