1. Brooke did a total flop into a puddle on the grass at the park, covering herself in mud 2 seconds after arriving. She is pretty particular about keeping clean and we do a lot of talking about how it is okay to keep going with dirty clothes, we will wash them when we get home and it is nothing to worry about, etc. Well, she kept playing on the park equipment, but before playing on each item, she would exclaim "Maybe THAT will dry my pants!"
2. Whenever we talk about TV, Hadley chirps "Chitty Bang Bang!" She loves that movie.
3. Hadley loves to go up and down the stairs and she is quite good at it, but I still stand next to her. I ask her if I can carry her binky and blanket while she is in motion and she hands them to me immediately when she begins. She decided to be a trickster now and asks me to hold her SHIRT for her while she climbs the stairs. I tell her no, she can climb the stairs just fine with her shirt on and she just GRINS from ear to ear. She also asks me to hold her hand and, when I reach out for her, she yells "NO HAND, MOMMY - NO HELP"! Sheesh.
4. Brooke calls traffic cones "gnomes".
5. Brooke is into bossing Hadley around. I told her we were going to go to the restaurant down the street with the statue (Edgefield) tomorrow. She said "Don't worry, Mommy, I won't let Hadley go to the golf. I will watch her." There is a golf course on the grounds and you are not supposed to walk on the putting greens. The girls always make a beeline for the forbidden greens, of course. All I could think of while Brooke was telling me this was "Yeah, but who is going to keep YOU off the greens!?"
6. Hadley's standard 2-cents on everything around her is "NO WAY!!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment