Sunday, February 15, 2009

** FLUSH **

Big news! Brooke used the potty twice today! I am in shock. She has spent plenty of time sitting on her Elmo toilet seat, immediately demanding to flush and declaring "it's not working" .2 seconds after her buns touch the seat. I have been pretty casual about the whole process - at school she tries the toilet at least three times a day, with nothing actually happening.

Last weekend we spent a little time without a diaper, trying out her new Cinderella undies. There was much excitement about trying on the pretty flowered and glittery undies. The experiment ended in a puddle on the floor and Brooke declaring someone had spilled something. Today we tried the Cinderella undies again and we visited Elmo three times in one hour. On the third visit, she actually WENT. For the first time EVER. And then, after her bath tonight, she went AGAIN and it was of the Number 2 variety!!!!!! There is a tiny light at the end of the diaper tunnel.

Of course, then begins our intimate relationship with the public bathrooms at Safeway, Target and any restaurant we happen to take to her to, when she discovers the power of saying she has to go and watching Mom and Dad leap up and sprint her away to the nearest restroom. I have been told I was a CHAMPION at that exercise.....

In other, non-toilet related news (my blog readers cheer in relief):


Hadley and Brooke enjoyed their chicken, rice and broccoli dinners.




Tub time!





2 comments:

Katie O said...

Hi Morgan...I love to look at you blog and read your funny outlook on life with the girls. They are so cute and it's fun to watcht them grow up (too Fast)
Good luck with the potty training...and I can still remember where every public bathroom is in Grand Junction and from here to Boulder. You'll be well trained in time for Hadley.
Later...Aunt Katie

Erika said...

Success!